Tuesday, October 5, 2010
Sprinkles
The thought of chocolate ice cream on top of a brownie, drenched with hot fudge with an insane amount of almonds and Oreo cookies makes me melt. Sprinkles is an ice cream shop approximately 2 minutes away from my home. This place matters because it has a sentimental value to me. I grew up coming to Sprinkles with my family to spending countless hours with my high school friends there. It is a very small shop that is filled with tons of unforgettable memories. It is not the usual chain restaurant like Baskin Robbins or Ben and Jerry’s; it is an original “mom and pop” shop. The fact that it is a “mom and pop” shop makes it even more special to me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
You could include a specific memory of the ice cream store, like maybe the first time you went there.
ReplyDeleteThis is interesting, I would like to read about some of the experiences you had in this shoppe.
ReplyDeleteInstead of saying explicitly, "this place matters because..." you can show the reader, not tell us directly. Also, be sure to include a word count. I love the name of the shop :)
ReplyDeleteI know exactly how you feel there is a mom and pop pie shop where I live and nothing else could compare. But I agree with the people above maybe focus on a specific memory or time you knew this place was lie no other.
ReplyDeletei hope you are talking about the sprinkles in the village. because i absolutely loved it! grat place to pick
ReplyDeleteNice. That first sentence was especially gorgeous.
ReplyDelete