Sunday, October 17, 2010

I Believe in Music

This past weekend I went home to visit my family. While looking for my favorite necklace I stumbled across my old Ipod. As I looked through my Ipod I discovered songs that flooded back amazing memories from high school. Some of my favorite memories are simply driving in the car with my four best friends with the windows down blasting our favorite songs as we all sang along. “Feel Alive” by Benassi Bros was one of our favorites. We called it “our song” After a stressful school day, blaring this song through our speakers was the cure to eliminating our worries. Its upbeat would rid us of anxiety and create a carefree aura around us.

Everyday we are surrounded by music, yet most people don't realize the enormous impact it has on our everyday mental, physical, and spiritual health. Music can compel us to laugh, to cry, to feel emotions we’ve never felt before. It can calm us or whip us into an emotional foot-stomping frenzy. Just by playing "our song" we can trigger memories and reflective moods. I believe that if something as simple as a song can turn an unpleasant day around it truly is a cure in itself. I personally rely on music as a comfort. It amazes me that there are so many songs that I have been able to relate to my life, whether it be a bad break up or a celebration. Music is what I believe can change lives and shape us as human beings.
(252)

3 comments:

  1. i like the topic you chose. just dont forget to add the "I believe..." at the end of the blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like where your essay is going, but I feel like it's incomplete. I think you could add more examples of how music is important to you, and I agree with Ishar that you need your I Believe statement. i think adding both of these components will make your essay perfect!!

    I also feel the same way when i look through old playlists on my ipod, or come across old mix CDs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Without a doubt music does give a sense of deja vu. I find it compelling to feel the memories that come back just from listening to s small part of a song.

    ReplyDelete